Parent Carers Cornwall understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used, so do we. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website, www.parentcarerscornwall.org.uk and uses our services and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal information in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
You have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulations, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation)
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We collect the following data about you when you:
- When you complete a hard copy of our membership form.
- Request to access one of our services/events- For example when you sign up to our training or information events through our website
- Give your views on current support and services and future developments - we do this by asking you to complete either an online survey or a hard copy sometimes this may have personal data. You may leave your views through our social media Groups. Whilst we collect your views however we will anonymise your name
- Provide feedback - we do this by asking you to complete feedback forms from our events or training we provide
- Use our website - website usage information is collected by cookies, please read our section on Cookies.
- Book onto an event we are advertising on the website. We may collect your name, phone number & email address.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because:
- It is necessary for our performance of a contract with you
- You have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to our database)
- It is in our legitimate interests (i.e. we are interested and connected by Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and your role as a parent carer)
We collect information about you to manage your account with us and to send you information about Special Education Needs and our organisation. For example, if you have joined as a member you will receive our email bulletins, newsletters or communications about Special Education Needs and Disability or information about South Glos Parents and Carers.
When you join as a member - we collect certain information from you so that it helps us understand more about our community that we serve and our reach.
In some circumstances we may collect special category data such as details of medical conditions, nationality, racial or ethnic origin from you.
Specifically, we capture or ask for the following data:
- Your name and contact details
- Equality Information about you (Age Groups, Disability, Gender, Ethnicity, your role i.e. are you are parent carer,)
- If you are a Parent Carer we collect needs and age range of your child/ren to help monitor what our reach is in the wider community, we do not collect the name of your child unless they attend our Little Treasures group.
- Depending on which membership you choose we may ask for business/company name, job title/ Role /Profession
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers when purchasing a service /product from us. PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT RETAIN THIS INFORMATION.
- IP address/web browser type and version through cookies
Specifically, we use your data for the following purposes:
- To collect statistical information only to help us show our funders who we are reaching.
- To supply you with information/emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time) about other services which we think may be of interest to you that is SEN and disability related.
- To reply to emails from you
- To personalise and tailor our information about our services to you
- For marketing purposes re our organisation with your permission, we may also use your data for our own marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
We collect “Other data” through a variety of sources. One of our sources for Other Data is cookies and other technologies that record Data about the use of our website
- Cookies help us collect statistics about: data on traffic, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data.
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the Services
- Transaction data, such as purchases, purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method
CHOICE AND ACCESS
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of Your Personal Data.
Once you have consented to be a member of PCC you will receive the various Bulletins and update to latest news. But should you change your mind, you can easily unsubscribe by emailing email@example.com
When you submit personal data via our website, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data (i.e. Prefer not to say on our membership form or not accepting cookies on our website).
Access to your information -You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We will respond within 30 days. Or you can look at the footer of our emails and check your profile details which will show what information you have provided us . Or simply email us.
HOW AND WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data retention will be determined on the following basis:
Membership data will be held as long as you are a member of our group however if you ask to leave our group we will ensure all your data is deleted from our membership within 30 working days.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our organisation and we only use organisations that are data compliant to record/store our data
- Facebook, is used to collect Parent Carers’ views and we have a separate social media policy that is available on our Facebook groups
DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties unless we have separate permission to do so from you.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
The statistics that we use and share is always anonymised.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and these websites will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. Please note, however, that in a few cases some of our website features may not function if you do this and therefore doing so may affect your enjoyment of our website.
Third parties including third party links that may appear on Our website may use third party Cookies, please note that We do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY/COOKIES POLICY
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us. We will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can write to us at:
Parent Carers Cornwall
Unit 14a St Austell Printing Company
St Austell Business Park